Monday, June 28, 2010

Italian Cream Cupcakes



These are SOOO good! This flavor is for people who like a little something extra in their cake.
It's a yellow cake that is perfectly moist and light- I think beating the egg whites and the added coconut makes all the difference. The coconut sweetens the cake and gives it great texture without making it taste coconutty. (Is that a word?) I was thinking about doing a filling but they just didn't need it.
There was no piping this frosting, I needed a spoon! It is a whipped cream cheese frosting with chopped walnuts and a little more coconut. This combo reminds me of a vanilla version of german chocolate cake in a way. One of my new favorites. I think it is "Italian" cream cake because it really does taste like something you would pick up in an Italian bakery :)

I am working on getting a list of "flavors" on the blog- hopefully soon!

No comments: