Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Beginnings of a pool party!










Cupcakes are my first love but I have really been enjoying doing specialty cakes! This is one a friend asked for, she wanted a "thank you" cake for a job well done by American Pools so I tried to duplicate their logo- tricky! Getting the red and blue to blend like their logo took some practice tries and cutting and making the letters was quite a project. But I got a bee in my bonnet and really wanted to try and get it close to the real thing. ( I put the logo picture on but maybe don't compare TOO closely:)

The cake is CHOCOLATE of course and I spread each layer with a raspberry ganache that I made thicker almost pudding like, then covered with a milk chocolate meringue buttercream. Then I coated the whole thing with ganache. Tomorrow I will work on making the pool party happen on the top!

1 comment:

Jayme said...

Wow!!! that looks GREAT!! They are going to LOVE it!! Can't wait to see the top. bu na bu na (Jaws theme :) )