Sunday, May 9, 2010

Thank You!!

Happy Mothers Day and thank you to everyone who ordered cupcakes this week!
I have some great pictures to post soon,(right now I need to sleep!) Double Baby shower, Purse cupcakes, Yellow rose of Texas cupcakes, Daisy Cupcakes, Cinnamon Rolls and a harvest of little apples. A busy week but a lot of fun! So thank you for your orders! I also tried out a great new strawberry frosting... tastes like fresh strawberry ice cream. In fact I scooped it onto a cupcake for a friends birthday with my cookie scoop and it looked like real ice cream scoops. :) My new favorite!!
I'll post some pictures soon. Hope everyone had a great mothers day!

I wanted to share my cream cheese recipe- after trying a couple ways to make it I decided I like my cream cheese frosting to have the rich cream cheese flavor but not be heavy and thick- I think it goes really well with anything if you are not a huge fan of sweet frosting. But I especially like it with pumpkin, apple or banana cakes. (This would also be good with red velvet chocolate cake.)

CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
1 8oz cube of cream cheese softened
1 lb (4 sticks) of unsalted butter
big slop of pure vanilla extract - (about 2 tsp)
5 cups of powdered sugar

Blend the cream cheese and butter together really well first then add the rest of the ingredients.
A lighter frosting with a great cream cheese taste!

No comments: