Saturday, April 2, 2011

Rapunzel from Tangled!

This was a cake for Sophie, who was having a "Tangled" themed birthday party and her Mom let me just go with whatever vision I could come up with. Sophie is the sweetest girl and of course I wanted her to LOVE her cake. This is also one of my favorite disney movies now!
Looking at pictures makes me realize that I need to figure out the basics behind molding faces- Mouths are the hardest! I guess this will always be a work in progress...

This is a 3 layer 9 in cake topped with a 4 layer 6" cake/tower and the tower room itself was all rice crispies and fondant. When I finished the roof I just wasn't thrilled with it but I didnt have time to make all the tiles to "roof" it but then.... sparkly sugar makes everything. The house and roof could be done way more professionally, next time I do a building structure I will plan it out a little better :)
Happy Birthday Sophie!!!


Of course I had to include the frying pan!


You can see her hair wraps all the way around!


I just got this birthday girl pic!!  So fun....


No comments: